PWC or jet skis are often falsely criticised for impacting on the environment. The truth is, a modern jet ski operated responsibly is the most environmentally friendly mode of motorised transport on the water.
- Our jet skis have ultra low emissions
- The jet skis have no running gear under the water such as propellers or rudders that can injure marine life.
- Jet skis produce very little wash or wake.
- Jet skis do not require antifouling (covering bottom of boat with poisonous paint to limit growth)
- Jet skis don’t drop anchor in the marine park.
Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours has been working closely with the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority to allow this activity in an approved area of the Whitsundays.
As a result of this, Whitsunday Jet Ski Tours is the only jet ski business with a full Great Barrier Reef Marine Parks permit to access the Whitsunday Islands.